Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Too Much Gaming Bad For Your Eyes

Not enough gaming bad for your soul - This post on Yahoo! Games warns about the dangers your eyes face if you play games for too long. Maybe this is why I wear glasses. Who can I sue about that?
.
According to the Minnesota Optometric Association, hardcore gamers are at heightened risk for Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), a condition marked by a variety of symptoms including "eye irritation, dry eyes, headaches, pain in the eyes or surrounding facial muscles, squinting, excessive blinking, increased sensitivity to light and difficulty focusing."
.
Alas, CVS is caused by strain from constant eye movements, often due to long hours in front of a monitor or television screen. By way of lengthy gaming sessions, gamers in particular are susceptible to developing problems, but non-gamers should also be wary of how long they watch. A survey by the American Optometric Association found that 82 percent of Americans frequently work at a computer and that 41 percent of its respondents have suffered from eyestrain.

.
Well, this isn't good news. When I'm not staring at my TV playing a game, I'm staring at it while watching the many programs my TiVo records for me while playing games. I also watch a lot of movies. Looks like I'll soon be going blind, no more Playboy channel for me. To be honest I'm absolutely shocked that staring at your TV for too long is bad for you. You mean that experts suggest that too much booze, food, smoking, work and even exercise could be bad for me? Contrary to the old adage, "too much of a good thing is a great thing", isn't that always the case (except for sex, you can never have too much of that)? What do doctors take us for, morons? Thank goodness I have guys with lots of letters after their name who can tell me what to do.
.
Looking for an arcade game? - If you're in the market for an Xbox Live Arcade or PSN game, take a look at some of my reviews of recent arcade releases on GamePro to see if you can find something worth your money.
- Aces of the Galaxy (Xbox 360)
- Warlords (Xbox 360)
- Roogoo (Xbox 360)
- Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (PSN)
- Echochrome (PSN)
.
coloradojoemail@yahoo.com

No comments: