Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Podcast is Back

Sort Of - You might have noticed a new edition to the As the Gaming World Turns front page. On the right side, below my gamertag and GTA IV youtube videos are the first two new coloradojoe podcasts. I kind of buried it because its still a work in progress and to be honest, hitting the link to listen to it is a pain in the ass. I recommend subscribing to it through iTunes. If you type in coloradojoe in the iTunes Store power search you'll see it. Actually you'll see two, the one from last year and the new one. You'll want the one that's marked "explicit" (finally I can curse all I want!) and with the picture of me and my brother sitting on a lion at Trafalgar Square. On the iTunes menu it'll only list one episode but when you subcribe it'll download the two I've recently recorded. So what do you get in these two podcasts? Not a whole hell of lot to be honest. The first one is just a reintroduction and some ideas of what I have planned for the podcast, the second is mostly me cursing about podcasting. I've been off for a year so try and cut me some slack.
.
So after whining in a post about podcast problems how did it get resolved? My brother suggested doing 3-4 mini-podcasts to deal with our upload issue and it worked. This means that instead of downloading one 30 minute podcast, you'll have to download 3 or 4 but I do it with my Adam Corolla podcasts so its really no big deal. Its still early and my usual sidekick is out of the country for the next 2 weeks but I do plan on doing the podcasts regularly. Since they're going to be in short 5-10 minute bursts the format will probably be a little more streamlined but I still plan on talking about the same stuff I did before (and did I mention there'll be cursing?) - videogames will be the focus with music, TV, films, and sports filling out the rest. Interviews, always a personal favorite, will happen as often as possible and I plan on offering some giveaways (games, game guides, faceplates, etc.) through the podcasts as well. So if you're a frequent reader of the site, go to iTunes and subscribe. If you don't like it, I'll give you double your money back.
.
coloradojoemail@yahoo.com

No comments: