Friday, April 07, 2006
The Top 5 Xbox 360 Games
Now that Microsoft was kind enough to double its production of Xbox 360's, those of you who have your shiny new systems might be wondering what games to buy. Before you spend a dime, check out this list of the best games for your next-gen system. And don't forget to pick up Halo 2 as well. It should always be in the rotation.
1. Call of Duty 2 - Beautiful graphics, a great setting and fun game play make this shooter a blast. The newly improved online play bumps this game to the top of my list.
2. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - That's right, two third-person shooters are in the top 2 but for different reasons. The weapons at your disposal and the power you wield in G.R.A.W. is just plain exciting. The single player can be outright redonkulous (Yes, I meant to spell it that way) but I enjoy the challenge.
3. Project Gotham Racing 3 - Photo-realistic cars, controls that are just difficult enough and lots of multi-player action. Every new system has a great racer and this one is it for the 360.
4. Fight Night Round 3 - There is no better game to play with a friend. Its like virtual rock 'em sock 'em robots. You'll both be worn out after a fight.
5. Madden - The most realistic looking (key word: looking) sports sim ever. Except for Jake Plummer, he looks like crap.
Games to look forward to in 2006: The Godfather (After playing the PS2 version, I know this one will be awesome), Saints Row (GTA killer or GTA wannabe?), Tomb Raider: Legend (Can Lara make a comeback?) and Scarface (Say hello to my little friend!)
These are my top 5. If you're an Xbox 360 gamer, share yours.