As a proud advocate for gaming, I'm starting a new Top 5 series that demonstrates how gaming is better than other forms of media. Don't get me wrong - I love music, movies and TV as much as anybody. Its just that sometimes people don't realize how much fun gaming can be.
Top 5 Ways Gaming is Better Than...Going to the Movies
1. Refunds - If you don't like a game you can either take it back or at least get store credit for something better. If you don't like a movie, don't bother whining to the manager, you're screwed. Although I can think of plenty of movies (Wild Wild West, Catwoman, Batman and Robin) that I would like the 2 hours of my life back that I spent watching them.
2. Better Actors - You will never find David Spade or Rob Schneider doing voice over work in a video game. At least I hope not.
3. No Lines - If you want to play games, just turn on your system and go. If you want to go to the movies get in your car (don't forget to pay $40 to fill it), park 50 yards from the theater (at least on a weekend) and wait in line to buy tickets, get popcorn and go to the bathroom.
4. More Interactive - Talking is discouraged while watching a movie. Trash talking is encouraged while playing video games with friends.
5. Cheaper Snacks - Cost of popcorn, candy and a Coke at the theater - $10. Cost of popcorn, candy and a Coke at home - $2. Cost of pounding your brother in Halo 2 - priceless.
These are my 5 reasons, what are yours?