What, you were expecting a shirtless pic of Sawyer? - There's been some interesting headlines lately. Phil Harrison leaving SCE after 15 years and EA doing its best Microsoft impression by trying to add Take-Two to its stable and possibly even Ubisoft. Yikes! I'm not quite ready to weigh in on this yet, not until things are a little more clear. Everybody started jumping to conclusions with the whole Microsoft/Yahoo thing so now is not the time to decide if this is a good or a bad thing for gamers. Although you sure can tell a lot about EA by their intentions.
While we wait for the smoke to clear, there are a couple of good looking games coming out this week. In Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, the timeline of history has been altered after Winston Churchill dies in a car accident that in reality he lived through. The Nazi's take Europe and everything goes to hell from there. I've played the demo and the concept plays well. For Lost fans like myself, Lost: Via Domus looks even more intriguing. Playing as a previously unseen character from the series could be awesome...or suck. Being the optimist and Lost fan that I am, I'm hoping its awesome. Here are the Achievement Points I could find for the game.
1. Crash survivor: Complete Episode 1 -25 points
2. Locate the cockpit: Complete Episode 2 - 25 points
3. Via Domus: Complete Episode 3 - 50 points
4. Into the hatch: Complete Episode 4 - 75 points
5. Behind the wall: Complete Episode 5 - 100 points
6. Through the Flame: Complete Episode 6 - 125 points
7. The way home: Finish the game - 200 points
8. 815: Discover all the memories in Flashback 1 - 20 points
9. Sweet memory: Discover all the memories in Flashback 2 - 20 points
10. Behind the glass: Discover all the memories in Flashback 3 - 20 points
11. Identity crisis: Discover all the memories in Flashback 4 - 30 points
12. Persephone: Discover all the memories in Flashback 5 - 30 points
13. Whatever it takes: Discover all the memories in Flashback 6 - 30 points
Achievements 14-30 were impossible to find.
And finally - Click here to read up on some of the casual games I've been reviewing for GamePro.