Monday, February 04, 2008

Call of Duty 4 downloadable maps...

...are on the way - I love getting cryptic messages like the one I received from Activision today that had the title of this post in the subject heading. The email didn't say when these maps for COD4 would be coming out, how many there would be or how much they cost, just that they were coming soon. Of course soon is a relative term. If you ask my brother what soon is, it means two weeks, if you ask me it means 5 minutes. Still don't believe me? Fine, here's a copy of the email I received today below.
.
Santa Monica, CA – February 4, 2008 – Fresh intel from Activision headquarters (Nasdaq: ATVI) reports that new global conflicts are planned in the form of downloadable multiplayer maps for the award-winning Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™. In development for both Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the upcoming downloadable content will thrust gamers into a hot zone of added combat across a variety of intense multiplayer locales.

“We’ve demonstrated our commitment to delivering the best multiplayer experience in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and that continues with our plans for new downloadable content,” explains Infinity Ward’s Community Manager, Robert Bowling. “We’re excited about the new maps, and the added gameplay variety, and we can’t wait to wrap things up and get online with everyone.”

.
See, I told you. And you guys think I just make this shit up. Since I'm pretty chummy with the people at Activision (they're the ones who gave me an invite to E3) I'll try to get more info and hopefully even a redeemable code to give away since I'm not playing the game anymore. Stay tuned.
.
coloradojoemail@yahoo.com

1 comment:

FrostyMelon said...

GREAT MP. I got a bit burned out on the same map rotation, so this will be a major plus.

...and hopefully we see a patch soon.