Thursday, December 13, 2007

Where to Buy Games

Customer service blows nowadays. Nobody who works retail gives a crap about the customer anymore, they just watch the clock and want you out of their hair as soon as possible, making you feel like you're intruding on their time when they're supposed to be doing their job. Worse yet, it doesn't seem to matter what kind of place you go to, nobody really seems to know anything about the product they're selling. Cars, applicances, electronics, restaurants...you name it, the people who sell can only spout out what they've been told or read in a brochure.
.
So when you finally find a place with great customer service and an intelligent staff, you remember it. Or at least I do and become a client forever. I've had the same mechanic for years, always go to the same guy if I have problems with my computer, go to the same music shop for new equipment and repairs, and naturally, go only two places when I want a videogame. Lucky for you I'm willing to share the two best places in town to get games, but if you don't live in Colorado Springs you're on your own.
.
My Favorite Store for New Games: GameCrazy (Academy and Palmer Park) - Best Buy, Circuit City, Target and Wal-Mart have nothing on this store when it comes to new games. The staff is knowledgeable and my man Fritz especially (pictured up top) knows his stuff. Antony is a great guy too. Whenvever I need to buy a game that for some reason didn't get mailed to me (stupid Ubisoft and Eidos!) I come here. If there's a midnight release for a game that I just can't wait for, I come here. If I'm looking for a great place to get some real value for a trade-in, I come here. If I just want to shoot the breeze with some other guys who are just as into games as I am, I come here. In fact, everytime I come into this GameCrazy I'm usually there for at least 30 minutes just hanging out and talking games with the staff or other gamers who are just looking around. You can't find that at a chain store. This is the place I go to for new games, I can't remember the last time I bought a new game from anywhere else.
.
My Favorite Store for Classic Games: Video Game Exchange (Platte and Union) - You've probably driven by this store and thought nothing of it, until you notice the 3ft ceramic Mario standing outside. I love walking in this store, its like stepping back in time. You name the classic console and its in this store - N64, Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Dreamcast, PS1's...you name it, you can find it and games for it here. This summer when I was feeling nostalgic for my high school days I came in and bought an NES along with Mike Tyson's Punchout and Super Mario (I'm going to be grabbing Zelda sometime soon). I was so happy with my purchase that I came in later and bought a SNES to relive my college glory years when I dominated my frat in NHL '94 and Madden '94. I also picked up one of the greatest games of all-time, Empire Strikes Back. Its a great store, and even though I don't go into it very often, its easily the best place in town to get your retro game on.
.
So there you have it, the best stores in town for any type of game you're looking for. Don't bother going anywhere else.
.

1 comment:

Ub3rn00b said...

any guy with hair like his is definitely going to be a knowledgeable fellow...