Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Don't You...Forget About Me

Yeah, that's right, another 80's song for the title of a post. Just be greatful there's not a Simple Minds pic above - I was very tempted to do a Best Of or some kind of Year In Review but after the horrendous VGA's and the no-I-didn't-even-know-it-was-on G4TV end of the year awards I figured there wasn't any point. Why beat a very dead horse? Instead I wanted to slurp some games that came out this earlier this year but due to the late release of some gaming heavy weights, have pretty much been ignored. The good thing about the titles I'm about to list is that you can now get them on the cheap, so if you're still shopping for a gamer or want to recommend an inexpensive title someone can pick up for you, these little gems will do the job.
.
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, PSP) March - I'm a huge fan of the GRAW series. I love the game play, really enjoy the control I have of the squad, and the game presentation is top notch. The multiplayer was a blast too. GRAW 2 also came out pretty quick after its very successful predecessor, always nice.
.
The Darkness (Xbox 360, PS3) June - This game is just flat out weird and I mean that in the best way possible. Kooky storyline, weird superpowers, gun play, Nazi's...this game had it all in one bizarre package. Its great game that was completely overlooked.
.
Call of Juarez (Xbox 360, PC) June - I love videogames set in the old west. This started with the Konami arcade classic Sunset Riders which I used to play with a bunch of frat brothers in college. Today the western market remains pretty much untapped so when a game like Call of Juarez comes along I'm pretty stoked. An interesting two-character storyline, nice graphics, corny-to-the-point-of-funny dialogue and some sweet shooting mechanics make this title worth your time.
.
Crackdown (Xbox 360) February - Crackdown sold big, mostly because it was the last chance people had to participate in the Halo 3 beta (doesn't that seem like 2 years ago?), but beneath the H3 beta sticker on the cover was a great game on its own. Playing a cop with super powers in a corrupt city was like playing GTA on steroids. I played this title a ton the first half of the year. In fact, according to my Xbox 360's blog on www.360voice.com, its my second most played game this year, right after Halo 3. Mmm...I traded this game in months ago. I'm feeling a little nostalgic, I think I need to call Fritz at GameCrazy and see if he has any used copies.
.
coloradojoemail@yahoo.com

No comments: