Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day


Greetings from the hottest place on Earth - Its a little late, but Happy Father's Day to all of those dads out there, both gamers and non-gamers. My dad is the one who got me hooked on gaming, although I'm sure it was completely unintentional. He's the guy who somehow came up with an Atari 2600 for our family when it was THE hot ticket Christmas item, and we lived in Germany at the time. How he pulled it off I'll never know but he always came through in the clutch around Christmas and birthday time. He also bought me a watch that had Space Invaders on it and played the song "La Cucaracha". Why it could do both of those things, I had no clue. Who knew that early intro to would lead to a lifelong love of gaming? Thanks dad, for everything.
.
In case you were wondering why I haven't put up any posts since Wednesday's review, I've been out of town. The wife and I left Wednesday afternoon and just got back today from a canoeing trip/astronomy class outside of Grand Junction aka, Phoenix North. It was a fun trip but I'm not going into details here. Let me just say it involved nudity (not my own), endless Uranus jokes, and a device called The Groover. If you're interested, listen to this weeks podcast as I'm going to be bringing it up in this weeks episode. Look for a Mole report on Tuesday and hopefully a belated "Forza 2" review on Thursday.

1 comment:

Ub3rn00b said...

The year the Nintendo came out, I was supposed to be getting it for Christmas. My mom actually told me "You're getting the Nintendo and 2 games for it so pick them out and that's all your getting". I said "freakin' sweet" or at least I would have had Family Guy been out back then. Christmas Eve, I heard my Mom on the phone in her bedroom getting very loud with someone. So I put my ear up to the phone and come to find out it was about my Nintendo not having arrived yet. The person on the phone told her that it was currently out of stock and my Mom was very upset that nobody bothered to call to share this information with her and in the meantime, her only son had no Christmas presents and it was 9:30pm on Christmas Eve.
I didn't get a Nintendo until 2 years later when I bought it for myself with money I saved from mowing lawns.
Happy Father's Day!!! (This is my 2nd!!)