Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Mole: Pikachu still makes money?


Pika-ching - Nintendo recently announced that Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have sold more than 1 million copies in the United States since their recent release. How the heck is this possible? In Japan? Sure, I get it. Those guys are nuts for this kind of garbage. But in the United States?!? I just don't get it. But I guess that's why I'm not rich. Maybe if I came up with one of the most annoying franchises of all time (that just so happened to sell 155 million copies since 1996) maybe I'd have more than $20 in my checking account. Or maybe I should quit putting money on the Nuggets during the playoffs. Its one of those of two.
.
Ooops! - Remember that Marvel Ultimate Alliance content download I said was available a few weeks ago? Well evidently there were some problems with it that have now been fixed. Gamers can NOW download The Incredible Hulk, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, and Hawkeye in the Hero pack or get Magneto, Sabretooth, Venom and Doctor Doom in the villain pack. Each pack costs 500 points or you can get both for 800. Its overpriced and about 3 months late but if you're still into the game, it might be worth it.
.
What?!? PS3 News?!? - Don't get too excited but Sony has recently put free demos for Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Virtua Tennis in the PlayStation store. If only they'd put a Pa Rappa the Rappa download up, then I might be interested.
.
Etc. - EA Mythic recently announced that Warhammer Online has been delayed until first quarter 2008...An update for PS3's MotorStorm will be available in mid-May, it supposed to address issues with FAME rankings, buddy lists and matchmaking...If you haven't seen it yet, check out the trailer for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare. Its pretty sweet and moves the series into the modern age. http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4735
.

No comments: