There hasn't been a post for the last couple days due to my E3 burnout. Between Tuesday's three posts, watching live coverage of E3 on G4 and all the emails I've been getting from my gaming brothers and sisters - I'm toast. And I didn't even go!
You may also have noticed there was no article/review in Friday's GO! section. Don't worry, it'll be back next week. In the meantime, here's my continuing series on the Top 5 Ways Gaming is Better Than...today its TV.
Top 5 Ways Gaming is Better Than...Television
1. Connectivity - I can play games with friends and family members who live far away. I can't watch TV with them unless I want to rack up huge phone bills.
2. What you want when you want it - I watched the series finale of Smallville Thursday night and now I have to wait 4-5 months to see what happens next. Not an issue with games.
3. Trash Talking - Razzing your friends and putting down jerks online is strongly encouraged. Making fun of the bean poles on America's Next Top Model will have your girlfriend or wife telling you to shut up. Not that this has ever happened to me.
4. Better Programming - There may be a few bad games out there but you don't have to buy them. But when flipping channels Tommy Lee Goes to College, The Swan, The Simple Life 3 and So You Think You Can Dance are on whether you want to watch them or not.
5. More Physical Activity - Sure your still sitting on your butt whether your watching TV or playing games but I know my blood is racing much faster after an intense team slayer match in Halo 2 than it is after I watch The Office.