Thursday, October 04, 2007

All Halo 3 All the Time


La La La La La - What day is it? What time is it? I have no clue, nor do I care. I have been on a wicked Halo 3 bender and neglectful of my blogging duties but considering how much fun I'm having I feel like the Master Chief pictured above. Rabbits, unicorns, singing birds...the whole Disneyesque package has been my world for the past 9 days and to quote the Master Chief's favorite singer "I'm lovin' it!"
.
I came out of my basement just long enough to find out that Halo 3 has earned $300 million dollars of sales in its first week. Console sales have also saw an increase, with the 360 tripling its weekly sales numbers since launch. Online numbers have been absurd, with 40 million hours of game play the first week. That's the equivalent of 4,500 years. The Halo 3 output has been so impressive, Bill Gates took time away from lighting his cigars with $10,000 bills to give his take.
.
“Halo is truly a cultural phenomenon, and the launch of ‘Halo 3’ is an important milestone for Xbox 360 and for video games as entertainment and as an art form,” said Gates, chairman of Microsoft. “‘Halo 3’ embodies our vision for the future of entertainment, where some of the world’s greatest creative minds will deliver a new generation of interactive storytelling.”
.
While I should be reviewing games, comparing hockey series or pro basketball series and getting psyched about Mass Effect and PGR4, I just can't, which is weird. I'm used to playing a game for a week than being done with it. When you get to play tons of games, if they aren't ground breaking they can become old pretty quick. But this time I've drank a gallon of the Halo 3 and there's no turning back.
.
On a more stupid Halo 3 note - Some moron is selling his services on ebay to be on your online Halo 3 buddy. That's right, you can buy a friend. Don't believe me? Click here. I don't know what's worse, that someone came up with this idea or that there have been bids on it.
.

1 comment:

Ub3rn00b said...

I know there's no way you yourself drew that picture because you wouldn't take time out from playing Halo 3 to do that. But that's some talent...good work to whomever drew it. Is that a proper use of the word "whomever"? I'm not sure. But the coloring especially is excellent. In the lines and everything. Good work.