Friday, December 29, 2006

Ho Ho Ho


What is up?!? I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine wasn't too bad. I got a laptop (which I'm typing on now), a six-pack of grape soda (its like catnip for me) and a Hess truck (long story). Of course it wasn't all good. I was forced to sit through "Little Miss Sunshine" on my flight to Boston, I've shoveled more snow the past two weeks than I have in the past two years and the gaming industry is slower than an Xbox Live movie download. But hey, I'm still on vacation so I can't really complain.
.
Like I said, its been slow the last week or so I don't have much in the way of news. Expect a year end entry within the next few days. In the meantime, here's something interesting I found online. As for New Years, don't drive drunk but have a great time. And, as Abraham Lincoln once said: Party on dudes!

Pro Baseball Gaming League - Early in 2006 my buddy Snoop Dogg decided to start his own celebrity video game league. A bunch of athletes joined in the fun, including Chad Johnson, Carmelo Anthony and Cobi Jones.
.
While Snoop was the figurehead of the league, media company GGL was flipping the bill. Now GGL last week announced the formation of a second gaming league featuring professional baseball players.
.
The Pro Baseball Gaming League will pit pro ballplayers against one another and, ultimately, against fans. This league's Snoop Dogg is Yankees centerfielder Johnny Damon (pictured with Drew Barrymore when I was actually able to root for him), who will serve as commissioner.
.
While the league is made up of baseball players, evidentally even they get bored with the game as the first title designated for competition is Project Gotham Racing 3.
.
Fourteen athletes have signed up for the league, including Craig Hansen and Julian Tavarez (easily the worst pitcher in the AL) of the Boston Red Sox, Matt Holliday and Willy Taveras of the Colorado Rockies, Josh Barfield of the Cleveland Indians, Corey Patterson and Rodrigo Lopez of the Baltimore Orioles, Mike Pelfrey of the New York Mets, Seth McClung of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Luke Hochevar of the Kansas City Royals, Dallas McPherson of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Derek Lowe of the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Prince Fielder of the Milwaukee Brewers.
.
Gamers can register for the public fan-based league for a shot at playing against one of the pros. To sign up or get more information, head over to the http://pbgl.ggl.com/

terry.terrones@gazette.com

No comments: