Monday, December 04, 2006

Random Thoughts on a Monday Night


The softer side of AC Slater - You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll likely vomit in your mouth a little as Dancing with the Stars and Saved By the Bell actor/dancer/talk show host Mario Lopez (AC Slater) hosted a party in Santa Monica to celebrate the recent release of Microsoft's "Viva Pinata". While I have no clue what top jock at Bayside High has to do with a kids video game about beating decorative plaster of paris animals into submission, I do know that its funny. Look how happy these pinatas are in this picture! Don't they know whats about to happen to them?!? Run! Unfortunately adult film star Dustin "Screech" Diamond didn't show up. But a Kelly Kapowski or Jessie Spano sighting would've been okay.

Cry Me A River - If you can't get enough karaoke from American Idol, I have good news! The top 10 finalists for "American Idol Video Game" contest have been announced and you can vote on the best (okay worst) performer.

The top 10 finalists will have videos of their performance posted on the Internet until December 22, for a final public voting at the Web site http://www.musicineverydirection.com. Visitors to the site can rate and comment on each of the performances and also be automatically entered into a sweepstakes to win cool prizes. The finalist with the highest average rating based on total number of recorded votes will be named Grand Prize winner of a trip for two to see a live taping of the American Idol show in Hollywood, Calif. Once the ratings are tabulated, the winner will be announced on January 2, 2007.

You honestly need to look at this. Its like watching a train wreck. I highly recommend David from Dallas as he sings Paula Abdul's "Straight Up". He's magical!

Save the Robot, Save the World - Is the actual subject line I received in an email from Microsoft about the Xbox Live Arcade game "RoboBlitz" that comes out on Wednesday. They had me at "RoboBlitz", which made me think there was possibly a second game about robots playing football but, alas, I was wrong.

And finally... - I'm pulling my hair out with "FIFA 07", its driving me nuts! Scoring goals is like trying to sneak into the Playboy Mansion. It just ain't happening. I want to like this game, I was looking forward to it, but at this point its just a pain in the rear. And what's up with EA now making created players so sorry? PS3 and 360 "Madden 07" create-a-player is ridiculously hard and "FIFA 07" isn't much better. At least in "Tiger 07" I could buy my way to a high ranking create-a-player. If I spend $60 on a game, I should at least be able to choose whether I want to stack my created player or not. Isn't that the point of having a create-a-player in a sports game? So I can do things I normally couldn't?!?! If you have any tips for "FIFA 07", I'm all ears. Expect a review (and not a very glowing one) soon.

terry.terrones@gazette.com

No comments: