Monday, October 09, 2006

FN3 Heads to the PS3


No, there is nothing wrong with your eyes - EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 for the PlayStation 3 will be shipping on December 12. The game will feature exclusive content including an ESPN Integration package and a new first person mode called "Get in the Ring".

Get in the Ring mode allows gamers to experience the fight through the eyes of the boxer from the moment they step into the ring until someone is KO’d. The first person view can be played on or offline, throughout the career mode or in single bouts. Gamers will experience the sensation of the sport with different visual and audio effects occurring throughout the fight such as ear ringing, restricted vision, flashes of bright light, color shifts and blur effects that simulate the sense and feeling of getting punched. This of course will happen after you've paid $600 for your PS3 and before you've played the game.

Other new features

ESPN Integration - Get the latest scores and news with streaming radio, ESPN motion, live ticker updates, and ESPNEWS. I really like this in NBA Live '07, very cool feature.

Split-Screen Multiplayer Action - Go head to head against your friends in PlayStation 3 exclusive split-screen battles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's games like this that make me wish I was more of a console gamer. (I'm a die hard PC gamer). I've got an XB and PS2, but they collect dust much more than they're ever actually played. Hate the controllers for both consoles. Having grown up on a PC, I'll take a mouse and keyboard ANY day.

I don't play any sports games, even though I'm a huge sports fan. I'd rather watch them on TV (or REALLY participate in them) then virtually play 'em. But man... this looks like a GOOD sports game!