Sunday, July 16, 2006
The Mole: Weekend Edition
Now you can headbutt people in the chest too! - You know how you're coach used to say "Be the ball"? Well now you can "Be the head". Who's head? French soccer star and head-butter supreme Zinedine Zidane of course. At www.addictinggames.com you can play a game where you act as Zidane and hit opponent after opponent in the chest with your melon. It's high comedy.
Aside from the Zidane game, the site has a number of other fun games and other things to play with. My personal favorites are the Ultimate Peter Griffin Soundboard and Family Guy vs. American Dad Kung Fu.
Can't get enough Madden - Madden NFL 07, coming out August 22, will have a special Hall of Fame edition available for the PS2 and the Xbox 360. Just in case the game isn't enough, here's what you can pay an extra $10 for.
PlayStation 3 Unveiled—G4TV provides a sneak peek at the making of Madden NFL 07 for PlayStation 3 with exclusive gameplay footage, content previews, and more.
Hall of Famer: John Madden—A career retrospective highlighting Coach Madden’s days as Oakland Raiders head coach and award-winning calls from the broadcast booth.
Inside Madden Studios—ESPN’s Trey Wingo delivers game production insights and exclusive interviews with the team behind the game.
Exclusive Music Interviews—The hottest acts featured in Madden NFL 07 reveal the inspiration behind their music.
Everything above, except "PS3 Unveiled" is replaced with this: Madden Nation, Season One—Heroes are born and dreams are shattered in the eight-part mini-series. Revisit the complete first season of the original ESPN program.
Is this worth an extra $10? Maybe, it just depends on how big of a Madden fan you are.
Addicted to Achievements - The game might not be out for a couple of days but the Achievement Points for EA's NCAA Football 07, my soon to be new favorite game until Madden 07 comes out, are already available. Study them now so you can figure out the quickest way to earn all 1000 points.
1. Throw 4 TD Passes in a Game - Throw 4 touchdown passes in a single game. (15pts)
2. 350 Total Passing Yards - Pass for 350 or more total yards in a game. (15pts)
3. 200 Total Rushing Yards - Rush for 200 or more total yards in a game.(15pts)
4. No Fumbles in a Game - Do not fumble the ball in a game. (15pts)
5. No Interceptions in a Game - Do not throw an interception in a game.(15pts)
6. Win by 21 - Win a game by 21 points or more.(10pts)
7. Pass to 5 Different Receivers - Complete a pass to 5 or more receivers in a game.(10pts)
8. 100 Yard Receiver - Gain 100 or more receiving yards with a single player.(10pts)
9. 100 Yard Rusher - Rush for 100 or more yards with a single player.(10pts)
10. Complete a 30 Yard Pass - Complete a pass for 30 or more yards.(10pts)
11. Complete a 60 Yard Pass - Complete a pass for 60 or more yards. (20pts)
12. Break a 30 Yard Run - Break a run for 30 or more yards.(10pts)
13. Break a 60 Yard Run - Break a run for 60 or more yards.(20pts)
14. Allow No Sacks - Do not give up any sacks in a game.(15pts)
15. Intercept 2 Passes - Intercept 2 passes in a game on defense.(15pts)
16. Recover 2 Fumbles - Recover 2 fumbles on defense in a game.(15pts)
17. Return Interception for a TD - Return an interception for a touchdown.(20pts)
18. Return Fumble for TD - Score a touchdown after recovering a fumble on defense.(20pts)
19. Make 4 Sacks - Sack the opposing quarterback 4 or more times in a game.(20pts)
20. Held Under 200 Yards - Hold the opposition to under 200 total yards.(10pts)
21. Held Under 100 Yards - Hold the opposition to under 100 total yards.(25pts)
22. 2 Sack Player - Make 2 sacks in a game with the same player.(10pts)
23. Score a Safety - Score a safety on defense.(30pts)
24. Shutout - Prevent your opponent from scoring any points in a game.(30pts)
25. Punt Return for TD - Return a punt for a touchdown.(15pts)
26. Kickoff Return for TD - Return a kickoff for a touchdown.(20pts)
27. 50 Yard Field Goal - Kick a 50 or more yard field goal.(25pts)
28. 50 Yard Punt - Punt the ball 50 or more net yards.(15pts)
29. Block a Punt - Block a punt.(25pts)
30. Block a Field Goal - Block a field goal.(25pts)
31. Score 35 Points - Score 35 points or more in a game.(15pts)
32. 500 Total Yards - Gain 500 total yards or more in a game.(25pts)
33. #1 Offense - Have the #1 ranked offense in a dynasty season.(25pts)
34. #1 Defense - Have the #1 ranked defense in a dynasty season.(25pts)
35. Undefeated - Go undefeated during a season in dynasty mode.(10pts)
36. Conference Champs! - Win a conference championship game.(10pts)
37. Heisman Memorial Trophy - Win the Heisman Memorial Trophy with a player on your dynasty team.(25pts)
38. 5 Star Recruiting - Sign 8 or more 5 star prospects in your recruit class.(25pts)
39. Bowl Win - Win a bowl game in dynasty mode.(10pts)
40. National Champions! - Lead your team to a BCS championship in dynasty mode.(25pts)
41. Dynasty Trifecta! - Win the National Championship in three back-to-back seasons in dynasty mode.(50pts)
42. Mr. February - Have the #1 ranked recruiting class in a dynasty season.(25pts)
43. 60 Year Dynasty (Ouch!) - Complete 60 years of Dynasty.(100pts)
44. Perfect Game - Bowl a 300 Game.(40pts)
45. High Score - Option Dash - Score 15,000 or more points in Option Dash.(40pts)
46. Win Tug-of-War - Win the Tug-of-War mini-game.(40pts)
47. Junior Varsity Level - 250 gamerscore in NCAA Football 07. (0pts)
48. Varsity Level - 500 gamerscore in NCAA Football 07. (0 pts)
49. Secret Achievement
50. Secret Achievement