Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Top 5 Worst Game Ideas Ever


My love affair with Top 5 Lists continues with "The Top 5 Worst Game Ideas Ever". What's the difference between this and "The Worst Games Ever"? Good question. The worst ideas should have never been thought of in the first place, they make gamers believe it was made on a dare. The worst games just suck. Here are my top 5. Let me know what your top 5 are.

1. Britney's Dance Beat (2002) - A rhythm game based on the musical stylings of Britney Spears?!? At the time this came out, you could stick Brit's image on a bag of trash and someone would buy it. Of course, that doesn't make it right.

2. Shaq Fu (1994) - Pro basketball star Shaquille O'Neill in a Kung Fu fighting game? At least he doesn't rap in it. Oh wait, yes he does.

3. Army Men (1998) - A video game where you play as plastic soldiers. Were the developers aware of how boring these were to play with in real life?

4. Revolution X (1994) - Hmm...let me see if I understand this concept. Rock band Aerosmith is overthrowing an oppressive government with music as their weapon? Where do I sign up?

5. E.T. (1982) - The title character is small, slow, knows only four words ('Elliott', 'home', 'Reece's Pieces') and doesn't carry a lightsaber. Proof that a good movie doesn't necessarily translate into a good video game concept. I love the movie "Casablanca" but I don't think it'd be a great game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found here through the new search engine GahooYoogle.com while searching for for Top 5 Worst Games.
Good job!