I'm as giddy as a boy on Christmas morning, The Godfather video game will be released March 21st on the PS2, Xbox and PC. It will be released later this year on the Xbox 360 and the Sony PSP. The game should be great!
This of course makes me ask the question - what other movies would make great video games. Here are my top 5 suggestions. Share some of your ideas.
1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Take on the Black Knight ("Its just a fleshwound!"), defeat the dreaded killer rabbit and storm Castle Aaaargh.
2. Caddyshack - This would be a great golf sim. A mix of "Tiger Woods" and "Hot Shots" golf. Sound effects could include "nananananana" when you put and "Its in the hole!" when you make a hole in one.
3. Princess Bride - Giants, monsters, miracles, a six fingered man - whats not to like about this? You could play the game as three characters. Swordsman Inigo, giant Fezzig and the man in black, Wesley.
4. Pulp Fiction - This would be a strange shooter with a goofy storyline. Kind of like a very twisted "Max Payne". An rated M game to be sure.
5. Hoosiers - A basketball sim with motivational clips from Gene Hackman taken from the movie would be great. Cut Ollie from the team and let Jimmy Chitwood single handedly beat every opponent you face.