Saturday, February 03, 2007

What the...?

Close your mouth! You're attracting flies. I know the site looks different but it needed a make-over more than Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton combined. All of the old entries are still here if you're feeling sentimental and this updated layout will allow me to do a few new things...I think. Since it would be awfully egotistical of me to just talk about the new and improved blog (although I did put my picture up, so maybe I'm just a little full of myself), here is some recent gaming news.
.
Saints Row to the PS3 - It what continues to be a disturbing trend for Sony, the PS3 will get a great game months after its already been on the Xbox 360. This time the table scrap is Saints Row, set to come out sometime this spring. While I commend Sony for getting a very good title on its system, this is just another reason gamers can use as an excuse not to get their overpriced console
.
2K back on the field - This week 2K Sports announced it will get back into pro football with All-Pro Football 2K8, coming out this August. While EA has the license on NFL players, a little healthy competition with 2K Sports (who always make solid sport titles) should be good for gamers. Innovation in the Madden series hasn't really been a strong suit for EA since its agreement with the NFL, maybe this will force them to get more creative. They could start with making those combine mini-games for created players OPTIONAL.
.
Mercenaries 2 has a new home - Mercenaries 2: World in Flames finally has a publisher. The first Mercenary game was published by LucasArts but now Pandemic will be working with EA. The sequel is set to come out for the PS3 sometime this year. I'm sure Sony execs are giggling like little girls about having a console exclusive. That makes 3!
.
terry.terrones@gazette.com

No comments: