Monday, August 06, 2007

Vaca Time


I started a week long vacation on Saturday and I still couldn't escape videogames. The fam and I headed down to Acacia Park (see above pic) to see a PPLD sponsored Teen Battle of the Bands. My son's a guitarist in his own band so we thought it would be fun. The 4th group up rocked, and one of their songs was a rock and roll version of (surprise!) the Mario theme song. Gaming may still not get the respect of film or television, but with the love of gaming thats ubiquitous among gamers 25 and under, its only a matter of time.
.
So I'm in the basement this week, taking my first writing break in two years, but I'm not going anywhere. I'll be busy buying a new HDTV (for football and gaming purposes), playing games for fun, sleeping in until 11am after playing games until 3am, playing basketball, mountain biking, working on my second book, and keeping my ass groove warm while watching TV.
.
I've been asked about the podcast and to be honest, I have no idea what's going to happen with it. My brother and I have been very frustrated with the server we've used and because I'm a poor (or cheap) writer, I don't want to have to pay for it. That and my brother is bummed that the current server we use won't connect to iTunes. I'll have to figure out what we're doing with it sometime this week.
.
Look for a new post next Monday, in the meantime, checkout the blog archives. There's about 250 articles you can peruse and if you find something I was actually right about, email me and I'll send you a game. Or better yet, email me your favorite post and why and I'll send you a game. Or even better than that, email me about what you're looking forward to this holiday season and I'll send you a game. Or a GameCrazy giftcard. Best email wins.
.
See ya next week.
.

No comments: